Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.richardkendall.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. The information shall be used in accordance with the permissions set by you and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act).
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Richard Kendall Estate Agent Ltd of 66 Northgate, Wakefield WF1 3AP and our nominated representative is Claire Kendall and can be contacted in writing at DPO@richardkendall.co.uk or at the above address.
2. How we get information about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you provide to us – this is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include (but is not limited to) your full name, title, address and postcode, email address, telephone and mobile telephone number, financial details, debit card information, and contents of any correspondence and communications you have with us or any feedback which you leave for us.
- Information we collect about you – With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the IP address, browser type, operating system and referring website addresses in order for us to improve content, design and performance of the site.
- Information about your visit, including the URL, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searches for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources – This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other website we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share that data internally and combine it with the data collected on these sites. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and it is possible that we will receive information about you from them. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
3. How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing client, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new client, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and to prevent or detect fraud and comply with the requirements imposed by law or any court order.
- You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us, and you have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analysed data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browsers setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
5. Information we receive from other sources:
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you (e.g. Property Portals you subscribe to including Rightmove, Zoopla, Facebook and companies that introduce you to us e.g. for valuation purposes). We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
6. Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any subsidiary company within the Richard Kendall Estate Agent Group including Mortgage Solutions of Wakefield and Richard Kendall Conveyancing.
- Selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks (including social media) that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in WF1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you, or for the purpose of completing an anti-money laundering identity check, in accordance with our legal obligations.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Richard Kendall Estate Agent Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Our site may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please be aware that these have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before submitting information to these websites.
7. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. Anti–Money Laundering
Richard Kendall Estate Agent Ltd is committed to operating its business in a transparent and open manner consistent with our legal and regulatory obligations. We are aware that the property industry is a target for organised criminals seeking to launder the proceeds of criminal activity. We always seek to prevent this activity by cooperating fully with the authorities and reporting suspicious activity to the National Crime Agency.
As part of this commitment, we adopt a strict compliance of all Anti-Money Laundering rules, with specific emphasis on the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the Money Laundering Regulations 2017, the Bribery Act 2010 and the Terrorism Act 2000.
Richard Kendall Estate Agent Ltds policy commitment is applicable to all of our customers, including vendors, buyers, landlords and tenants. As a result we obtain and hold for a period of at least seven years evidence pertaining to our customers’ identity and, where appropriate, we obtain proof of ownership of property and source/destination of funds. We will be unable to proceed with any work on behalf of our customers if we are unable to obtain this information. Customers’ identity will be subject to an electronic identity check, which may also include a credit check.
For a list of acceptable identity documents that we require please click here.
Richard Kendall Estate Agent Ltd is registered and supervised by HM Revenue & Customs for compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request which is deemed to be excessive will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- Data Protection Office (DPO)
- Richard Kendall Estate Agent
- 66 Northgate
- WF1 3AP
Or email: DPO@richardkendall.co.uk